Date(s) - 22/04/2016 - 24/04/2016
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wraysbury Dive Centre
This course can be offered in both backmount & sidemount configuration, its the entry point into the technical diving providing a transition from recreational to tech.
The diver is qualified to complete up to 10 minutes of non-accelerated decompression while breathing from one additional deco cylinder of up to EANx50. Depth is limited to 40 meters.
The gear you’ll be using, can be recreational scuba equipment, with some minor additions to enhance your ability to deal with tec diving conditions or Side-mount / Back-mount .
If you’re interested in technical diving, but haven’t yet met the prerequisites for the PADI Tec Deep Diver course, you can consider enrolling in the PADI Tec 40 course.
You’ll learn to make gas switch, extended no-decompression dives using air to 40 metres and breathing enriched air (up to 50%) for conservatism. Some of the motor skills you will learn and master are:
- Technical equipment set up
- Buoyancy check
- Neutral buoyancy control
- Remove and replace stage at surface/underwater
- Gas shut down drills
- Free flow shut down drill
- Out of Air
- Bubble check
- NOTOX gas switch
- Lift bag deployment
- Calculating sac rate
- Maintain simulated deco stop
- Failed lift bag deployment drill
- Decompression dive planning with desk top software
- Certified as PADI Advanced Open Water diver or equivalent
- Certified as PADI Enriched Air diver or equivalent
- Certified as a PADI Deep diver or proof of 10 dives to 30m/100ft
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives of which at least 10 were made with enriched air, 7 deeper than 100ft/30 meters.