PADI Boat Diver Course
Got a question? Either tap the whatsapp chat icon or click the email button below!
Whether you’ve never made a boat dive or you’ve logged dozens, the PADI Boat Diver Specialty course can benefit almost every diver because different boats in different parts of the world do things differently.
The Fun Part
Diving from a boat is fun, especially when you look at ease when maneuvering around on it. It’s fun to know what you’re doing.
What You Learn
- Learn the tips, tricks and ways to
- Dive from boats ranging from small inflatables to giant live-aboards :
- see how they differ from place to place
- gain experience and training from diving on boats in your local area
- Safely enter and exit the water :
- sometimes it’s better to hand your gear up to the crew and then climb in the boat
- sometimes you just take off your fins and weights and walk up the ladder
- Stow your gear in the most appropriate areas
- Use surface lines to initiate or conclude your dives.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear. Depending on what type of diving you’ll be doing from the boat, you may also want to use underwater photography equipment, DPVs (underwater scooters), a dive light, a dry suit, lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.
The Learning Materials You Need
Diving from a boat is a convenient and fun way to explore the underwater world. By reviewing the PADI Boat Diver Manual and video on DVD, you’ll learn the important do’s and don’ts of boat diving including: boat terminology, etiquette, safety and procedures.