PADI Drift Diver Course
Got a question? Either tap the whatsapp chat icon or click the email button below!
The PADI Drift Diver Speciality course introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow,” staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
The Fun Part
Drift Diving is nearly effortless and relaxing. You simply glide along and enjoy the rush of flying underwater while the current does the work.
What You Learn
During your PADI Drift Diver certification course, you learn about:
- Planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment — floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear plus some scuba accessories such as floats, lines and reels. Check with your local dive shop about gear rentals and packages offered with this course. You can find most everything at the scuba diving shop
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Drift Diver CrewPak.