PADI Dry Suit Diver Course
Got a question? Either tap the whatsapp chat icon or click the email button below!
To stay warm you must dive dry. Yes! Unlike a wetsuit, a dry suit seals you off from the outside water and that keeps you warm! Even in surprisingly cold water. Dry suits let you dive more challenging dive sites, and extend your dive season. When you have the right cold water scuba diving attire, you can stand up to the elements and take advantage of the generally better visibility offered by winter months—especially at inland dive sites such as quarries, lakes, sinkholes and caves etc. As a dry suit diver, you’re equipped to scuba dive some of the world’s incredible dive sites in the world’s cooler regions that are best enjoyed in a dry suit even in their warmer months.
What You Learn
Gain the knowledge and skills to safely don, dive with, doff and store a dry-suit. Get introduced to the different types of suits so you can make a very informed decision if considering purchasing a dry suit. You learn:
- Dry suit buoyancy control skills
- Dry suit maintenance, storage and basic repair
- Undergarment (fleece or overall-type garments worn under the dry suit) options
- Practical skills you’ll master in this course:
- Dry Suit Familiarization
- Safety Checks
- Entry Techniques
- Bubble Check
- Buoyancy Check
- Descent techniques
- Fin Pivot
- Excess gas in feet emergency roll drill
- Stuck inflator emergency drill
- Stuck exhaust valve emergency drill
- Ascent procedure· Remove and replace scuba unit and weight belt on the surface
- Exit techniques· Removal of dry suit, storage and maintenance
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use cold water scuba diving equipment including a dry suit and cold water regulators.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Dry Suit Diving crewpak (DVD and manual) is the owner’s guide you didn’t get with your dry suit. Topics include:
- Basic dry suit repairs,
- How to pack a dry suit to prevent damage
- Maintenance tips
- Additionally, the course materials preview skills and activities you’ll practice in the PADI Dry Suit Specialty course including
- Handling and avoiding potential problems
- Buoyancy control.