PADI Wreck Diver Course
Got a question? Either tap the whatsapp chat icon or click the email button below!
Whether sunk on purpose as an artificial reef or the result of mishap, wrecks open fascinating windows to the past. Most divers find wrecked ships, airplanes and even automobiles nearly irresistible because they’re intriguing to explore, exciting avenues of discovery, and usually teeming with aquatic life. The PADI Wreck Diver course teaches you the ins and outs of rewarding, responsible wreck diving. The fun part of the PADI Wreck Diver course is visiting wrecks, unlocking mysteries and starting to gain the knowledge and experience that allows you to see things that others overlook. Sometimes, only the trained, experienced eye recognizes that a small hole or open door likely caused the vessel’s demise.
What You Learn
- Techniques for diving exploring shipwrecks, and how to avoid common hazards
- How to research and learn the background of your favourite wrecks
- Wreck scuba diving equipment considerations
- Considerations and techniques for entering intact wrecks
- Experience in planning, organizing and making at least four wreck dives under the supervision of your PADI Instructor
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear including a dive computer, some accessories and a dive light. Check with Slough Scuba Store for some good deals on equipment you need.
The Learning Materials You Need
Prepare for the exciting –and specialized- world of wreck diving with PADI’s Wreck Diver crewpak. Preview the skills you’ll practice during your open water dives, become familiar with wreck diving etiquette, and take in breathtaking images from wreck diving hotspots around the world.